Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Info and picture ussage

Article about: Wow gents, just be highlighted to this forum ????????????? ? ????????????? ????????? ????. Blantant robbery of our photos, I remember w while ago one chap asking me if I minded, I did not mi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info and picture ussage
    P
    Many

I am QUITE SURE this either will be addressed and rectified..... hopefully first by the creator of the the Mirror Image website.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-11-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I am sure they will steal many other of our attributes and pics..
    We do the work and study.. And they lift the pics....No worries.. They "Lack the knowledge" of course..
    Pictures are a great source / wealth of information.. Without hands on accuracy.. They have dug a hole too deep to get out of.... I suggest IMO that other members steer clear of this particular "Copy Cat" site and "Watermark" their pics when possible... Just my two cents... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

When I google a specific type of buckle I almost always see images from my collection. I don't let it bother me unless someone is trying to sell something using my photos.

?

We had a similar problem over at GHW2 and started watermarking our photos. Other websites were posting them as their own without crediting the original source. Worse still, occasionally the unmarked pictures were used for bogus sales adds by scammers.
    Regards,
    John

This is I think our "sister" forum.

What is ours is theirs and what is theirs is ours.

Perhaps I have read this post from Dimas incorrectly and if so, my apologies.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I have received an email ref this, written in green in Russian there is a big acknowledgement to the Warelics forum and users images. If that is the case I do not mind, if there are any images of anyones and it bothers you then I suggest you contact them directly. Again myself if they have acknowledged us then so be it, at the end of the day it is the www.
    Ben

Dear Ben

I am sorry, however and with all due respect, I cannot support your complete change in attitude with regard to this matter.

Up until yesterday, I suspect that the majority of members within this sub forum were blissfully unaware that a Russian speaking "sister" or "mirror" discussion forum was being assembled and put together.

I ask myself, why should all our past hard work and effort within the WRF be openly and patently plagiarised? Surely it is to the benefit of any discussion forum to establish themselves by themselves which invariably involves hard work, effort and passionate dedication?

To merely extract from and replicate core and critical information from another source, should and in my opinion, not be supported as we are now apparently advocating.

I for one have no objection whatsoever in others using for whatever ends our images, as that is the nature of the www beast. Having said that, we hold the best buckle data bases within any forum and these have been collated by quite simply, the very hard work of the buckle sub forum members over a considerable amount of time.

What perhaps however is being forgotten is that the subject Russian speaking "sister" or "mirror" forum, is a discussion forum. The majority of us on the WRF have absolutely no idea what is being discussed about our buckles, articles, collections, data bases et al. Why not instead encourage the persons on the said Russian speaking forum to abort their lazy project and join us in order to inject some new blood into the WRF?

As they say in my native East Yorkshire, you do not get Owt for Nowt (you do not get anything for nothing), however it would appear in this case that some persons do.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I hear you David and in parts agree but we are an open forum and such all our images are up for grabs by anyone. In regards to this Russian forum there is also another Russian forum, a Czech and a polish forum that are full of our images and set out exactly as our buckle sub forum is set out, what do we do? That's why its to see at least these have acknowledged us. BTW never you were from East Yorkshire ba gum In Derbyshire that is also our saying, "tha dunt get Owt for Nowt"!!!!

Cheers
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2