Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just in, nazi sympathisers buckle....

Article about: Hi guys, Just got this in, as per Angolia pg. 586. It was cheap enough, so happy with it... Angolia suggests it's unofficial, probably sympathisers buckle. Anyone any info about these?

Thank you Kirby!

Now I am convinced that they at least are from Germany. I have Seen other theories that they were American.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just in, nazi sympathisers buckle....
    P
    Many

Quote by David North View Post
    This diminutive buckle has I think been discussed many times before within the Forum and there will always be differing opinions as what exactly it is and who actually wore it.

For me and in agreement to what Rob alluded to in an earlier post, it is simply a ladies fashion accessory which had no connection whatsoever with the NSDAP.

The display of a swastika and particularly during the first quarter of the twentieth century was innocently popular through many applications, all before this ancient symbol was commandeered and disgraced by the NSDAP.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    I am inclined to agree, even earlier than the 20th century it is not uncommon to find Victorian items such as a brass teapot trivet bearing a swastika which has always been a symbol of good fortune in Eastern culture especially Asia.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2