Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

N.S. Fliegerkorp

Article about: Here are examples of two of the so called N.S. Fliegerkorp buckles. Each displaying a totally different "box", however more interestingly, each with totally different "propell

?

Default Re: N.S. Fliegerkorp

Quote by David North View Post
    Kurt

Your reassuring comments are most welcome and I tend to agree that the buckle perhaps has a non official status. Having said that, why does the same buckle appear as item 21789 in the Assmann catalogue. Would Assmann regard it as commercially viable or sensible to produce a buckle with this status?

Regards,

David
    Hello David,

Conceivably it may have been commercially viable for even a comparatively large firm like Assmann to assemble a (very) small production run in this case as all it involved was putting in-stock propeller devices on in-stock buckle blanks. At a time (September 1933 at the latest) when the NSDAP and its branch organisations like the SA and the SS still had the same legal status as any rabbit breeding association and no effective central control on procurement (viz. the RZM) was yet in place, it may well have been a regional SA leader or even a Flieger unit leader who desired to smarten up the aviators under his control.

Then again, it may well have been a buckle ordained from SA High Command. An argument in favour of this hypothesis would be the existence of plausibly-looking buckles which all differ in construction and finish: SA/SS aviators in the Fliegerstürme , being entitled to a special buckle, but having to procure it themselves, had them made up by whomever was conveniently near. This would account for the Mom-and-Pop-operation look of all of these.

All of the above is pure speculation of course. I'm pretty sure some, if not all, of the relevant documentation is still extant, but just hasn't been found yet.

Best regards,
    Karl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S. Fliegerkorp
    P
    Many

?

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine offers me this belt buckle. As I found this post about the possible fake of these buckles, I´d like ask if it´s referring to all these buckles or only to the one showed.

Thanks in advance.

N.S. Fliegerkorp

N.S. Fliegerkorp

In my opinion, that buckle is produced by the same crooks that make all fake SA,Stahlhelm etc with 3 solder points, ugly ears and razor sharp prongs. Stay away.

You will find many of these buckles on the forum

?

Thank you for your time WEWELSBURG.

Quote by FOLY View Post
    Hello everybody,

A friend of mine offers me this belt buckle. As I found this post about the possible fake of these buckles, I´d like ask if it´s referring to all these buckles or only to the one showed.

Thanks in advance.

N.S. Fliegerkorp

N.S. Fliegerkorp
    The buckle is indeed a fake, three solder point in a row like that was never used in period buckles
    Ben

?

Thank you very much BEN EVANS.

Hello,

i found this older thread and have a look on the pictures .

One time a experienced collector told me that the collar badges without the cirkle around the swas are all fakes !

i hold such a buckle as over 40 Years in my collektion .

It is in well worn condition and shows some remains of fire gilding , specialy on the badge !

N.S. FliegerkorpN.S. FliegerkorpN.S. FliegerkorpN.S. Fliegerkorp
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    ...One time a experienced collector told me that the collar badges without the cirkle around the swas are all fakes !...
    Sorry, however and in my opinion this statement is an old, weary and unsubstantiated “urban myth” which is dangerously, simply not true.

For this enigmatic buckle and indeed for associated SA collar patches, three styles of propellor styles are known on original examples as showing (1) a simple and circular propellor boss without a swastika, (2) a stand alone swastika propellor boss and (3), a swastika propellor boss within a circle.

This essentially unofficial and ad hoc buckle I presume was not subject to any regulations.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2