Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this NSDAP belt original?

Article about: Hi all, I came across this NSDAP belt. Looks nice, but I wanted to make sure it's original. All opinions appreciated. Regards, Antonio Thanks in advance.

Default Is this NSDAP belt original?

Hi all, I came across this NSDAP belt. Looks nice, but I wanted to make sure it's original.
    All opinions appreciated.
    Regards, Antonio
    Thanks in advance.Is this NSDAP belt original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this NSDAP belt original?
    P
    Many

Dear AntonioDe,

Within the last few days I managed to rattle off a hopelessly wrong opinion towards an SS buckle and it is more than likely that I am out of kilter yet again !

Do you have any more images I wonder? Are there any markings on the buckle perhaps?

The reason why I mention this is that it seems a little odd that the "L - Leder (leather) code" is showing L3 for Tornisterfabriken, rather than and as anticipated, L2 for Lederzeugfabriken.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I am with David, more pics would be nice of any other markings. How does the leather smell? Old leather has a very distinct smell.
    Ben

Thanks for the input guys. Sadly I don't have the belt in hand, it's on collector's guild and I was looking to purchase it. I looked up the stamp "L3/160/42" and apparently there's a website that sells a metal stamp for that marking. So the stamp is most likely fake. I will ask for any other photos to see if the buckle is marked. I'll be sure to post any more pictures of the belt I receive. Thanks again.

Quote by AntonioDe View Post
    ...I looked up the stamp "L3/160/42" and apparently there's a website that sells a metal stamp for that marking...
    Well spotted Antonio and you are absolutely correct. For some odd reason I am unable to access the site in question, however I have been able to extract an image of the rogue metal stamp. By the way, the spurious RZM L3/160/42 stamping appears to be on the leather slider of the strap that you have shown..

Talking about fake stampings to leather belts, here are some images of a buckle and strap that I actually sometimes wear. The leather strap is a modern fake and is recognised so by the light and flimsy gauge, together with the rough inner surface. The placement of the RZM L2 stamp is reasonably convincing, however the unlikely style of font is not in my opinion.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

If you want a NSDAP belt I would look for one with a gold buckle. You can find political leaders buckles in silver but most collectors consider them unfinished. A double claw Political belt is common. I would spend a little more and get one with a round buckle. $200-500 depending on condition. Here is the nicest one I have owned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this NSDAP belt original?   Is this NSDAP belt original?