Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Some badge

Article about: Hello Did any of you guys see such a thing looking like a badge? Is it genuine or rather some figment of somebody's imagination. So sorry for lousy photos, I already asked for better ones. T

?

Default Some badge

Hello
    Did any of you guys see such a thing looking like a badge? Is it genuine or rather some figment of somebody's imagination. So sorry for lousy photos, I already asked for better ones.
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some badge   Some badge  

Some badge   Some badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some badge
    P
    Many

Quote by radmar View Post
    Hello
    Did any of you guys see such a thing looking like a badge? Is it genuine or rather some figment of somebody's imagination. So sorry for lousy photos, I already asked for better ones.
    Thank you

You are correct these photos are terrible for proper judgement but I think the first item looks like it may be the centre of a SA belt buckle converted to be worn as a badge. However, the photo is bad enough for it to be a total fake!

The 2nd could be almost anything with a swastika that has been cut out, drilled and threaded to make a screw plate.

The 3rd looks quite like a Soviet style screw back but I don't think any of these are "official" or as original items. Unless, the 2nd and third are actually the same piece from both sides in which case I have no idea!

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-09-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    ...but I think the first item looks like it may be the centre of a SA belt buckle converted to be worn as a badge...
    I completely agree with Mark, however would venture one step further in suggesting that this horror enjoys the dubious distinction of being a fantasy item from a fake.

Inspired by the elegant and fine detailed SA-Wehrmannschaft buckle of course and which as we know, is only encountered in a single piece die stamped aluminium form. As such, the fantasy designation. The design and particularly the extremely ugly eagle's head has been copied from one of the early steel imitations. As such, the fake designation.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thank you so much
    I should have known better
    Best regards