Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is this buckle?

Article about: This probably is not much help but can give a starting date when it could have been made. They were used during ww2 still. "DRGM is for Deutsches Reichs-Gebrauchsmuster. These so-called

Default Re: What is this buckle?

This probably is not much help but can give a starting date when it could have been made. They were used during ww2 still.

"DRGM is for Deutsches Reichs-Gebrauchsmuster. These so-called in patspeak "utility-model" patents were first introduced in 1891. They were for technical improvements (not designs) and do not have a parallel in the American or British systems."

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this buckle?
    P
    Many

Bill,

Sokol per the extensive Wiki listing and my family's recollection was a Pan-Slavic nationalistic organization. Organized under the guise of social self improvement, it proved a major political resistance to the Austro Hungarian Empire during the first war. Sokol's influence in Czech Legion, 1918 Czech independence, and German WW2 resistance seems well documentented.

In the US, Sokol (Czech & Slovak) was a social, athletic, educational, and patriotic organization. (I have a photo of my grandfather wearing his Sokol lapel pin as he was headed off to WW1 US Army basic traning, from Chicago) .

Active in Weimar may be a question of where a Slavic minority group was located within the German political borders. If the Sokol existed in Germany at all, after 1933, it is hard to imagine a pan-slavic organization continuing. One of the articles I pulled claimed the HJ copied some of Sokol's orgainaztion and training structure.

German manufacture - why not ? - the Czech Republic is next door. Definately not a fantasy piece. Most likely part of an athletic uniform or folk costume. There are two additional buckles showing up on ebay for comparison.

Perhaps the Sokol Museum in South Omaha Nebraska or some of the Czech Forum members can validate my opinions.

S/F,

Jim Horak

Jim, Thanks very much for the information. I am curious as to what the two buckles you mention on ebay look like. Could you tell me which ebay they are on US or Geraamny or? Can you provide the auction numbers for the buckles? As for my buckle I never had any doubts that it was authentic and a period piece which from the construction certainly puts in the period 1923-1945.

Thanks again,

Bill

?

Jim, many thanks for your very interesting explanations about these people.

I am also of your opinion that the Sokol activities were forbidden in Germany between 1933 to 1945.

Bill, please take a look at Weitze's assortment. He has also another Sokol buckle for sale.

Best,
    Guido

Guido, where is the buckle shown on Weitze's site. I have looked at nearly every catagory but failed to find it.

Thanks to all for your great comments especially Jim who taught me a lot about this subject.

All the best,

Bill

?

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    Guido, where is the buckle shown on Weitze's site.
    Hello Bill, here you are:

https://www.weitze.net/detail/60/Unb...se__18360.html

Best regards,
    Guido

Guido,

Founf it! Thanks very much. An interesting officer's SOKAL BUCKLE AT A REASONABLE PRICE FOR WEITZE.

Thanks very much,

Best regards,

Bill

Bill,

These two relevant entries is showed up when I googled "Sokol Belt Buckle".

OLD MARKED CZECHOSLOVAK SOKOL BELT WITH BUCKLE | eBay

OLD MARKED CZECHOSLOVAK SOKOL BELT WITH BUCKLE. Item condition: Used. Price: US $39.00. Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now. Add to Watch list. Start of panel ...
    cgi.ebay.com › ... › Fraternal Organizations › Other - Cached

OLD CZECHOSLOVAK SOKOL BELT BUCKLE (03/22/2011)

Hope this information helps.

S/F

Jim Horak

oops this did not copy correctly for 2. OLD CZECHOSLOVAK SOKOL BELT BUCKLE (03/22/2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2