Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

128 centimeter mosin nagant

Article about: hi everyone, something specific that i collect are mosin nagants. I have several in my collection, but I noticed something about a recent purchase from me. this mosin nagant is a bit shorter

Default 128 centimeter mosin nagant

hi everyone,

something specific that i collect are mosin nagants. I have several in my collection, but I noticed something about a recent purchase from me. this mosin nagant is a bit shorter than most m1891 I have, and that's because there is a piece missing from the front of the barrel. the rifle is 128 centimeters. it is a 1914 mosin nagant with a Finnish SA mark on the side. could someone maybe tell me why this gun is shorter?

thanks
    128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant

Possibly damaged at some point and maybe instead of replacing the whole barrel they just cut the end off, also what happened to the receiver? Never seen anything like that

May have been part of the demil process? The barrel doesn’t appear to have been re crowned so it would affect its accuracy dramatically.

Does Holland require firearms to be demilled also??? I do not like seeing history destroyed. I am guessing the barrel was sawed off do to deterioration from corrosive ammo but that is simply a guess. The real destruction happened at a later date.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    May have been part of the demil process? The barrel doesn’t appear to have been re crowned so it would affect its accuracy dramatically.
    Agree. A photo of the front of the barrel would help clarify this. My gut says it was damaged. But if they didn't re-crown the barrel it would do little good.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Interesting hole in the receiver.
    what does the muzzle look like??
    Photo please?
    Would like to see if it is sawed off or has it been Re crowned like mentioned?

I'm doubting the recrown with the HOLE'S in the receiver .

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Interesting hole in the receiver.
    what does the muzzle look like??
    Photo please?
    Would like to see if it is sawed off or has it been Re crowned like mentioned?

I'm doubting the recrown with the HOLE'S in the receiver .

Semper Fi
    Phil
    My guess is the cut barrel pre-dates the de-milled hole. Just a guess at this point.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So sad to see a helpless firearm destroyed like this.

thanks for the comments, the hole in the receiver is unfortunately the way how deactivation works in the netherlands. however shortening the barrel has nothing to do with deactivation. here 2 more pictures of the front of the barrel

128 centimeter mosin nagant128 centimeter mosin nagant

I am still going with the barrel was cut down some time prior to the demil.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast