Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions

Article about: I'm new too the Springfield 1903 world. Someone is offering me a 1903 Springfield with high standard 44 barrel. Looks matching with a forced match bolt? Odd I'm not sure why. He wants 699 fo

FNG
    ?

Default 1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions

I'm new too the Springfield 1903 world. Someone is offering me a 1903 Springfield with high standard 44 barrel. Looks matching with a forced match bolt? Odd I'm not sure why. He wants 699 for it. I'm guessing it's a cmp. Any ideas will be great full1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions   1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions  

1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions   1903 Springfield with 44 barrel questions  

MAP
    ?

It's a 1932 production so barrel obviously is replaced. Would agree on the forced matching bolt. I haven't priced on of these in 10 years so clueless on price.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

FNG
    ?

Thanks map for the response..That's what is throwing me off with the bolt. Is that normal for refurbished ww2 ones? Someone out there will know

MAP
    ?

Quote by FNG View Post
    Thanks map for the response..That's what is throwing me off with the bolt. Is that normal for refurbished ww2 ones? Someone out there will know
    I have never seen this before. I've never bought a CMP, so not sure if they did this.

Sorry can't help more. It's been years since I've researched these and I've forgotten much of what I learned.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good lookin rifle!
    Found a thread on GUNBOARDS forum that says last 4 of SN on the bolt like yours was don’t buy the Greeks. So your rifle was sold to the Greek government at some point where they etched the SN on the bolt and sold it back to the US as surplus. Are there import marks anywhere?

As for the price, 699 is probably decent price but as always try to get it lower!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Good lookin rifle!
    Found a thread on GUNBOARDS forum that says last 4 of SN on the bolt like yours was don’t buy the Greeks. So your rifle was sold to the Greek government at some point where they etched the SN on the bolt and sold it back to the US as surplus. Are there import marks anywhere?

As for the price, 699 is probably decent price but as always try to get it lower!!
    ROFL....I was thinking the same thing but didn't see import marks from the photos.

Ya I couldn’t see import marks either and I remember seeing bolts etched like this at gun shows years ago but couldn’t remember what it was from so I got a little help from gunny google lol.

FNG
    ?

You are 100% correct with the Greek rifle part of it. I think this would be a cool addition since I'm part Greek. By what I read these were sold off after world war II to help Greek fight to communist I believe. I think these have been sold out for a long time through the CMP civilian program. It seems like has not been used much I would imagine a 699 will not be a bad price for these

MAP
    ?

Quote by FNG View Post
    .... since I'm part Greek.
    Me too As my Dad said, even if you are only part Greek....you are Greek first!

FNG
    ?

Maybe that's why I like you map LOL I did not know you were. That's all on my grandmother's side her mom is from Sparta and her dad's from Macedonia he fought the Italians and the Germans during the war he was a lifelong career military guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast