Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1911 22 cal pickup great plinker

Article about: Bought this used at a gunshow for 180.00 .Love it,shoots great no jams.Tried beer can at 30ft ,shot 6 rds and hit 5 times,it will get better.Has the look and feel of a 45 1911,metal slide an

Default 1911 22 cal pickup great plinker

Bought this used at a gunshow for 180.00 .Love it,shoots great no jams.Tried beer can at 30ft ,shot 6 rds and hit 5 times,it will get better.Has the look and feel of a 45 1911,metal slide and frame.This one made in Dayton Ohio,earlier ones were made in Italy.If you have a chance to get one I highly recommend them.New they are about 250.00-300.00 but out of stock right now looks like(corona virus)as a lot of guns are.Its a PUMA made by Chiappa Arms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1911 22 cal pickup great plinker   1911 22 cal pickup great plinker  

1911 22 cal pickup great plinker  

I love it!! Incredible deal. That looks like so much fun!

Thanks sweersz!Yeah slide even locks back after last round.Dont even need ear plugs,will let the wife try it out,bet she will like it.Great for youngster learners.Before I walked away the seller said you might want this,original plastic hardcase,it dont get much better.ha

MAP
    ?

With 45 ACP cost close to $1 a round these days................

Very nice Pistol. Will have to keep my eyes out for one.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map,yeah ammo is crazy priced these days,good thing I bought plenty when it was cheap,for a rainey day,well that rainey day is here,actually more like a monsoon !ha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1911 22 cal pickup great plinker  

MAP
    ?

Just bought a box for 45 ACP for my boys to do some plinking over Columbus day. Couldn't believe how much 50 rounds cost. I guess it's back to .22's for a while until this all settles down.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah 9mm is 30.00 for 50rds,was 10.00,380acp 50rds was 15.00 now 40.00.And its selling ,believe it or not.And this is Iowa,have seen some on the internet bring 60.00 a box.Seems like everything has doubled or tripled.Saw some mini mag 22LR 100 rd box for 20.00,bought several for 7.00 before the virus hit,yeah its tripled.Ammo is gold right now.Love shooting 45auto,what did a box cost you?I was paying 29.99 for Winchester 100 round box a year ago.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Yeah 9mm is 30.00 for 50rds,was 10.00,380acp 50rds was 15.00 now 40.00.And its selling ,believe it or not.And this is Iowa,have seen some on the internet bring 60.00 a box.Seems like everything has doubled or tripled.Saw some mini mag 22LR 100 rd box for 20.00,bought several for 7.00 before the virus hit,yeah its tripled.Ammo is gold right now.Love shooting 45auto,what did a box cost you?I was paying 29.99 for Winchester 100 round box a year ago.
    It was $45 for 50 Rounds of Remington ball.....before tax.

I think one of the biggest reasons why .22s are so fun to shoot is because they're so cheap to shoot!

A few months before COVID-19 shot up ammo prices, when Walmart said they'd discontinue pistol and AR/AK ammo back in September 2019, I went there and stocked up for my handgun and AR-15 for only (imputed) $0.17/round for 9mm and $0.25/round for .223 (both Federal brass cased). How I wish I would've bought more!

Heard prices are nuts everywhere. 9mm scarce as hen's teeth. Been lucky finding my CCI 22 magnum ammo at local walmart. Charging around $10 for a 50 round pack and $20.30 for a 100 round box of H.P. CCI. By the way Toecutter that is a sharp looking pistol. Glad to hear it feeds reliably.