Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

3 ww2 semi auto rifles,which was best?

Article about: Here is a German G43,Russian SVT40 and a US M1 Garand,all semi autos from ww2.My vote is for the Garand,what do you guys think?

The m1.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I thought the biggest flaw with the Garand is you HAD to empty the entire clip before you could slam another in?
    Meaning you had to remember how many you had fired .....not so with a Mag feed, if in doubt, clip in another full one .........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by dagwood View Post
    I vote the AVS 36 with a muzzle brake compensator. None of these guns can hold a candle to that bastard of war. I once held a bayonet to this god of war at one time.....amazing!
    But they only made less than 70k of them and they were plagued with problems.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I thought the biggest flaw with the Garand is you HAD to empty the entire clip before you could slam another in?
    Meaning you had to remember how many you had fired .....not so with a Mag feed, if in doubt, clip in another full one .........
    You could always eject the existing partially loaded clip and pop in a new one.

how to unload an m1 garand - Yahoo Video Search Results

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Who cares it had a full auto fire mechanism. Unheard of at the time for a rifle of that caliber.

MAP
    ?

Quote by dagwood View Post
    Who cares it had a full auto fire mechanism. Unheard of at the time for a rifle of that caliber.
    I would, as it was unreliable and kept on breaking and jamming and was uncontrollable when fired full auto. Having never fired one, this is all from what I have read. But you really can't adequately compare a rifle where only a handful were made versus others that were produced in the hundreds of thousands to millions.

But then again, if they would have been given the time to try and work out it's flaws, maybe if might have been a good rifle. Guess we'll never know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4