Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?

Article about: Will need op rod ,recoil spring,trigger group,bolt,have lots of mags.Bubba did his work on the stock and handguard and added front and rear sight.Would you guys buy some cheap parts and make

Default 35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?

Will need op rod ,recoil spring,trigger group,bolt,have lots of mags.Bubba did his work on the stock and handguard and added front and rear sight.Would you guys buy some cheap parts and make a shooter out of it or no?It will never be anything more than a shooter but bore is nice.Bubba also did some polishing on the back of receiver but I would just spray some park finish on metal to make it look better.The Lyman sights will stay as not worth messing with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?   35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?  

35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?   35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?  

35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?   35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?  

35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?  

Shame,shame,shame,shame.... it may be to far gone to even be a shooter. Total sum of the parts maybe to much.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Marty,yeah have no idea what the guy was thinking that did this,guess the original sights weren't good enough.This looks to have had the original peep sight and no bayo lug front band.Great way to turn a 2000.00 carbine into a 35.00 one.Someone robbed the good parts and rightly so.Might be able to get my money back out of the band and SG lug.

Never could understand why so many cannot leave well enough ALONE. Hopefully you will regain your money toecutter.

Ouch, that hurts...

It is too far gone for a restoration IMHO.
    John

?

I have to admit that is the first time I've seen a Monte carlo style butt on a M1 carbine. Bubba really destroyed that.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

From a Brit’s point of view (we who have trouble getting anything with a sling swivel on it), $35 is not a bad start for a long-term project... You could always keep an eye out for suitable, cheap parts as you go. It may take a few years, but why not?

All the best,
    Bob

Thanks yeah,maybe I can find some rough undesirable parts with some pitting as long as functional and make a shooter,tolerences are pretty loose on these anyway.

Hey, I am all for a good restoration project but any cheap parts went by the wayside a few years back. I have a tough time finding a good piece of wood or metal under $200. Toecutter, you have done a great job findng some really nice items very successfully. Stay on the same track. Your will invest two years and $1800 into a $900 carbine in the end. If a labor of sentimental value then go for it.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast