Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

About 17cm Kanone 18

Article about: I would like to know where the 17cm Kanone 18 was used. Because i got 2 shell carriers. I live in the east of the Netherlands, on the border with Germany, and i have never heard about it.

Default About 17cm Kanone 18

I would like to know where the 17cm Kanone 18 was used. Because i got 2 shell carriers. I live in the east of the Netherlands, on the border with Germany, and i have never heard about it.

Default Re: About 17cm Kanone 18

Hello-do you mean the 150mm heavy Field Howitzer m18 or the 105mm Cannon m18 ?-there is no 170mm gun-not a German calibre. As the Germans fought in Holland in 1940 and then again in 1944-45 the whole range of standard weapons would have been used there along with various captured types from Czechoslovakia, France etc.

Im sure 170mm is German. See wikipedia: 17 cm Kanone 18 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello-I stand corrected but the comments about the full range of weapons being used in Holland is true from infantry support to heavy guns all would have seen use there.

Ive taken a picture of the markings on the ammunition box:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About 17cm Kanone 18  

I need to ask the person i got them from for more information. If i know more i'll post it here. (think that would be friday)

Ok, i asked the guy, and he said, they shot from Engbergen (at border) to Emmerich. (see picture i added)
    Its about 50 km east of Arnhem and 20 km South from Doetinchem.

Anyone can tell more about it? That would be
    About 17cm Kanone 18

Gijsroelofs
    ?

Quote by Billy17 View Post
    Ok, i asked the guy, and he said, they shot from Engbergen (at border) to Emmerich. (see picture i added)
    Its about 50 km east of Arnhem and 20 km South from Doetinchem.

Anyone can tell more about it? That would be
    About 17cm Kanone 18
    I actually live in that excact spot near Engbergen. I came upon this picutre while looking for information about 17 cm kannone 18 shells, because I have one myself.
    If you're still active on this website could you tell my from who you got that picture, because i'm really curious.

Thank you in advance,
    Gijs Roelofs

Hello Gijs,
    I don't know anymore where I get that picture from. I actually think I made it myself in paint lol.
    Btw if you are interested, you can have the carriers because I quitted my hobby as a collector.
    But first I need to find out where I left them lol.
    Regards Jorick.

?

Nice one! Here is mine (recovered in Hungary from an old attic, was in a dry place since 1945), dated 1944 and has an inkstamped WaA code (tried to photograph it):

About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18About 17cm Kanone 18

Cheers,
    Fabe