Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another P38 thread

Article about: Hi Guys I thought I'd share some pics of my 1945 P38 with the unusually low single digit '7' serial number. Apparently, this is # 7 of the batch of 42, 000 'ac45' marked P38s that Walther ma

?

Default Another P38 thread

Hi Guys

I thought I'd share some pics of my 1945 P38 with the unusually low single digit '7' serial number. Apparently, this is # 7 of the batch of 42, 000 'ac45' marked P38s that Walther made in 1945, so quite unusual in that regard.

Cheers

MG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another P38 thread   Another P38 thread  

Another P38 thread   Another P38 thread  

Another P38 thread  

Good looking pistol. Odd double stamp, I kinda like that. How’s the holster wear on the tip of the barrel?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

No visible holster wear, so not sure if post-war reblued, or just never issued - the red spot on under the safety is still visible which tends to be erased when one of these has been rebelled...

Great late war example. Congrats MG. I think the no letter suffix wade made in January 1945.
    John

?

thank's for sharing.

Looks like one heck of a score. Walther made and super low serial. Like seeing the differences in overall finish and milling on pre-war and late war examples. Wish my book was new and had more info on late war P-38s. Thanks for sharing.

?

Thanks Guys - appreciate the positive comments

Nice ac45,looks like a crossed swords stamped above the ac 45 marking and one on frame(czech?).Also a russian capture X on front part of slide.On right frame some more stamps ,GB ?.These stamps are post war done ,captured reworked and reissued at least once ,a very cool single didgit ser. no. though!Thanks for showing it!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 09-18-2020 at 07:53 PM.

?

Very insightful observations - thanks. Some of the marks are UK deactivation marks, the capture 'X' also, but didn't twig the Czech mark. In my experience (in the UK at least) most P38's available as deacts are either capture marked, or have some post-war markings/refinish. There will be people on here with other views, that has been my experience to date, and I have handled and seen quite a few of these.

?

what is the stamp above AC-45? I cant make it out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast