Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?

Article about: Hello Forum, A very nice seller who sold me the Pickelhaube he found on his dads attic, also inherited other - probably Military - Items from him. He showed me this rifle, and i would be ver

Default Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?

Hello Forum,

A very nice seller who sold me the Pickelhaube he found on his dads attic, also inherited other - probably Military - Items from him.

He showed me this rifle, and i would be very Interested about its Origin, especially about the Stamp on the barrel, as it looks military related to me.

My personal Research about the Rifle showed me it is probably a for hunting use modified Military Rifle. But i have not come further with my research.
    The Rifle was found in Bavaria, together with the Bavarian Piclekhaube i now own, so i would guess it may be a german Production?

Any help and any Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?Any Information on this Percussion Rifle?

It looks like a Khyber Pass "special".

The capitals EIC might mean East India Company. The workmanship is shoddy though. That's why I think it is an Indian, Pakistan, Afghanistan home made gun.

Cheers,
    Emile