Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arisaka Type 38

Article about: Hi joel, what a great pic it look s good, I have been looking at the arisaka rifle lately i would like one in the collection. Im not sure how much they go for in the U.k, I should imagine ab

Default Arisaka Type 38

Hi again
    Thought I should post a few pics of my Type 38 (sorry for the quality). As for the condition it has been literally through the wars but it is the way I like it. Have a look and tell me what you think. I,ll try and post better pics later.

Thanks Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Type 38   Arisaka Type 38  

Arisaka Type 38   Arisaka Type 38  

Arisaka Type 38   Arisaka Type 38  

?

Default Re: Arisaka Type 38

Looks good,is it a 26th series?I have a 28th series.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arisaka Type 38  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi Martin,
    Nice old rifle i like them to have some ware on them as well
    it gives them a bit of history. i would like an arisaka but have,nt found one yet, Im not even sure how much they go for.
    I see that it still has the chrysanthemum on it, most times they are ground off, i dont know why?, Thanks for showing it.
    dave

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Martin,
    Nice old rifle i like them to have some ware on them as well
    it gives them a bit of history. i would like an arisaka but have,nt found one yet, Im not even sure how much they go for.
    I see that it still has the chrysanthemum on it, most times they are ground off, i dont know why?, Thanks for showing it.
    dave
    Hi Dave, the Japanese forces removed the"mum" after the surrender as it was the symbol of the Emperor.

Cheers, Ade.

A type 38 could go for $250-$550, the higher end of the scale for ones with mum, monopod(--type 99), anti aircraft sights--(type 99), dust cover--(type 99)....the lower end for ones w/o the mum and other accesories

The pricing is generally the same as the type 99's

That appears to be a beautifully seasoned Arisaka. I too prefer a well used firearm.

Thanks for showing.

rgds, Ty

Hi again
    Thanks for the comments, as regarding the series Zwerge I hav,nt got a clue . How do you tell ?

Thanks Martin

That is a beautiful gun Martin. I have a 99 that's still has the mum. The darn thing is about six foot long with the bayonet on it. I don't know how those little guys carried them all day. Most pictures I've seen of japanese soldiers they are carrying the 99 with the bayonet affixed. I want to buy a carbine like yours some day. Yours definitely looks like a vet. Just like I like them.

Here is a picture of mine. My photographic approach was to try to capture a jungle setting from my home is New Hampshire..

Regards,

Joel

?

Quote by mauser98k View Post
    Hi again
    Thanks for the comments, as regarding the series Zwerge I hav,nt got a clue . How do you tell ?

Thanks Martin
    There is a symbol just before the serial number.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast