Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arisaka Type 99 relic

Article about: Not in the best condition but this is my type 99 Arisaka from the battlefield.

Default Arisaka Type 99 relic

Arisaka Type 99 relic

Arisaka Type 99 relic

Not in the best condition but this is my type 99 Arisaka from the battlefield.

MAP
    ?

Have you test fired it yet?

An interesting relic. Where was it found?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Neat relic,but is it not a type 38?....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Neat relic,but is it not a type 38?....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I agree with zwerge thoughts of it being a type 38. The stock end cap looks like it a type 38's Semper Fi. Phil

I like it. A great relic. There were a few WW1 Lee Enfield’s for sale on eBay but they disappeared pretty quickly. I have a nice relic nose cap from the Western Front in my collection.

I’ve always thought it was a 99, it was found at Henderson field airstrip on Guadalcanal. I guess you might say that it had one previous careless owner of the IJA.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I’ve always thought it was a 99, it was found at Henderson field airstrip on Guadalcanal. I guess you might say that it had one previous careless owner of the IJA.
    That had to be a fantastic relic hunt to be on Henderson field. Any pic's of that trip that you would mind sharing?
    I would be very interested to see what it looks like now.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I would guess that it could be from the banzai attack....instead of a "careless" owner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Stuff decays rapidly in the tropics. I remember a library book I once borrowed in the early 1970s' called "Pacific Battlefields" or something similar. What I mainly remember was the photographs of war relics and the substantial corrosion after less than 30 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast