Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester Serafin

Article about: Austrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester Serafin.

Default Austrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester Serafin

Austrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Air Force Corporal Chester Serafin.
    Austrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester SerafinAustrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester SerafinAustrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester SerafinAustrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester SerafinAustrian Steyr M1911 bring back by Corporal Chester Serafin

It's a nice pistol, and I greatly admire your collection. It is wonderful that you have the provenance of some great guns and are able to preserve their history.

Robert Shimek wrote a review of the Steyr pistol, in which he wrote this about an accidental discharge: "A quick check revealed that under recoil, the knuckle of the thumb on the shooting hand had indeed inadvertently raised the [safety] lever some 20 degrees - sufficient to render the Steyr hors de combat. Removing the finger from the trigger and pressing the safety lever down to "fire" position and...ignition!" He further wrote that a friend tested a second pistol and found that it too would fire as soon as the safety was released, if the trigger had previously been pressed while the safety was on. I have had experience with only one Steyr, a post WWII communist rework, and it would not fire when the safety was released.

Does the hammer fall on your pistol if you cock it, put it on safe, pull the trigger, then release the safety without again touching the trigger?

Thanks Richard. I haven't shot or even played with it since I got it a few months ago. I'll check out what you asked and let you know.

Another great gun with bring back paper. Very nice to see. Thank you.
    John