Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Best" MP40 video ever made.

Article about: Not sure on the "best" adjective, but I found it interesting. MP-40 BEST MP-40 VIDEO EVER MADE!!! - YouTube

?

Honestly I would have enjoyed the video much more if he explained history, manufacturers, markings, who carried and his specific mp40s in much greater detail. But I guess I'm a nerd for history lol.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    The traditional way is to use to fire select button.

That bloke is a walking talking reason for gun control. If he isn't conversant with the weapon why on earth is he pissing about with it?

Sorry, I just don't like morons masquerading as experts and messing around with dangerous stuff! It tends to cause a lot of paperwork
    your directing your statement and question to the wrong guy. I just posted the video. Make yourself useful and post it in the comment section in his video....have a nice day.

?

Good point sir.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    your directing your statement and question to the wrong guy. I just posted the video. Make yourself useful and post it in the comment section in his video....have a nice day.
    Rich, you misunderstand. Note my quotation of his remark about not knowing how to switch from full auto and to honest I don't appreciate your tone. Perhaps you might make yourself useful by reading properly before being rude!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Apparently you did not watch the video. The man who posted it is fully versed in full auto, semi auto and single shot. He spoke what he did because the weapon was modified to not shoot anything else but full auto. And if you say you don't like my tone please do not use my name in quote with what you post, your not welcomed to do say. And in all seriousness, if you can help him out advise him. Start a dialogue with him and that might get you an invite to shoot some spectacular weapons. Have a nice day.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Apparently you did not watch the video. The man who posted it is fully versed in full auto, semi auto and single shot. He spoke what he did because the weapon was modified to not shoot anything else but full auto. And if you say you don't like my tone please do not use my name in quote with what you post, your not welcomed to do say. And in all seriousness, if you can help him out advise him. Start a dialogue with him and that might get you an invite to shoot some spectacular weapons. Have a nice day.
    Good morning Rich,
    sorry but you are still mistaken. In the first instance you posted the video here which implies invitation to comment.
    I commented on the video and not on anything you said or implied. You replied inaccurately and with some unnecessary rudeness.

I did watch the video and he says

"We got this interesting gun Sten S.T.E.N Mark two or something and it's a select fire weapon but we've not been able to figure out how to get it off full auto so I don't know we're just going to have to go with it I guess and shoot full auto sorry"

So, from his own words he clearly has no knowledge of one of the most iconic and widely recognised weapons of WWII.

He makes no reference whatsoever to the weapon being modified in any way.

He then proceeds to waste ammunition by firing into a barrel at point blank range apparently giving himself great amusement to the point where he "finishes off" the target with an uncredited and totally random handgun.

The location of his escapade gives no appearance of being a safe "range" environment beyond the fact that it appears to be "in the woods" but from the watchers perspective it could be just feet away from a child's playground. An aspect that really ought to be covered in an item for public consumption I'm sure you agree.
    In fact the whole video contains not a single element related to safety that I can discern, not even the much parodied "don't try this at home kids".

In short the video has no value beyond an illustration of what the STEN looks like when firing.

So, yes my opinion is that this individual is a moron who should be kept away from sharp objects never mind firearms.

Again, I did not direct any comment at all towards you and if you don't want a post to be commented upon then don't make it or perhaps add the caveat "only post whoops of joy"

I post this in open forum not to foment public argument but because I want it to be read by fellow members.

Sorry if you disapprove but that's life I'm afraid.

We're done here.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

he does not have a collection, what he has is an Armory!

Now that all has been said and done and cooling time ......" What`ll you have "?

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Now that all has been said and done and cooling time ......" What`ll you have "?

Thanks Larry, as it is your "shout" and on the principle that the "Sun is over the Yardarm" (In sunny Wiltshire anyway);

alan jackson and jimmy buffett it's 5 - Bing video

Best

Mark

Its 5 oclock somewhere but why wait that long ....its 12pm somewhere too

Cheers Gents
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2