Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bringback G43 rifle

Article about: All matching G43 8mm semi auto rifle,these are cool rifles,Hitlers answer to the US M1Garand.The Garand was a better rifle but these bring a lot more moneyThis is an earlier rifle with the t

Thanks guys,appreciate it.The bolt handles on G41s and early G43s were solid,like this one. Soon after they went with the hollow type.This is a farely early rifle in the b letter block.This one has the treaded muzzle too, another early feature that was done away with soon after this rifle was made. The magazine is right, with the earlier"G43"designation,most of these mags you see are marked "K43", as more of them were made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bringback G43 rifle  

Thank you for the added information. I had not idea bolt handle were made solid. Thanks.
    John

John here is a better pic of bolt handle and thread protector cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bringback G43 rifle   Bringback G43 rifle  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    John here is a better pic of bolt handle and thread protector cap.
    Versus a hollow....

So the question is....is it actually solid or hollow but without the top portion cut out?

Bringback G43 rifle
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As a Noob when it comes to these, what was the "easily broken" aspect of them?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As a Noob when it comes to these, what was the "easily broken" aspect of them?

Dan
    I don't remember the fine details but basically the original gas systems on the rifle results in breaking springs and op rods

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Up dated info,my book Hitlers Garands states."G41 and early G43 cocking handles,known in collector circles as "solid" cocking handles,were fitted with a protective stamped steel plate to keep dirt and debris out of the hollow interior of the handle.This was soon deemed unnecessary,and the feature was discontinued."

Here is an original scope and mount for this rifle,it was taken off a rifle by a GI and brought back.These things are gold,not near as many were made compaired to rifle production.Clear optics on this scope,most are cloudy,its been 75 years afterall !You can tell these original mounts as they are rough,look like cast concrete some say.Paid almost as much for this scope rig as the rifle cost,yeah crazy I know!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bringback G43 rifle   Bringback G43 rifle  

Bringback G43 rifle   Bringback G43 rifle  

Bringback G43 rifle   Bringback G43 rifle  

MAP
    ?

what color is the triangle on the scope painted? Blue? Blue is for cold climate which I think is the most common. Been years since I brushed up on the meaning so could be wrong.

Excellent find TC; never seen one; Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast