Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Browning Hi pistol

Article about: Hello Gents just a quick question on this pistol? Can anybody tell the age of this weapon? & any other info would be top dollar too.. Thanks for your help Cheers Terry.

?

Default Browning Hi pistol

Hello Gents just a quick question on this pistol? Can anybody tell the age of this weapon? & any other info would be top dollar too.. Thanks for your help Cheers Terry. Browning Hi pistolBrowning Hi pistol

Well...first of all, you can't really date Browning wartime pistols by the serial numbers as their number systems repeated itself frequently. But, since this one is a mismatch in parts(at least the slide is different from the frame numbers) I would say that this one was post-war assembled from available parts. So, age-wise, the parts look to be wartime. Assembly? Most likely immediately post-war. Are there any waffen ampts anywhere on it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Tery, I would not buy a "bitsa". Get one with all matching numbers.

Inglis Canadian made ones are nice and are wartime. I have one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would say post war also. and I agree with Ade. Buy an Inglis.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Thanks for the comments guys..I only have these two photos from the dealers site..So I couldn't tell if there are any markings at all..I will keep my mince pies peeled for the Inglis pistol.. Thanks again & Cheers Terry.

I have a cracking Hi-Power which I bought a little while ago, all matching dating from the 60's and it shoots like a dream. There are a couple of "ex squadies" at my club, and they always want a go with it, something to do with nostalgia

?

I have fired the Browning 1000s of times..it is a hoot & for the age of the design a very good weapon...I do prefer the Sigg 226 or any other number because they are solid..Cheers Terry.

it dates to 1961, by the time the Hi Power got into the late 50s they had sorted there serial number mess out.

?

Cheers Chris good to know.. thank you very much ... Cheers Terry.