Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BYF 44 Dual Tone Question Please

Article about: I picked up a Mauser P38 in dual tone in pretty good condition overall. The parts are matching and the mag is also correct with P38 on the side and E/135 on the spine. I would like to unders

Default BYF 44 Dual Tone Question Please

I picked up a Mauser P38 in dual tone in pretty good condition overall. The parts are matching and the mag is also correct with P38 on the side and E/135 on the spine. I would like to understand the marking on the take down lever. Not something I have seen prior. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    Thanks for looking.
    John

BYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question PleaseBYF 44 Dual Tone Question Please

Nice example Rescue. Could that stamping on the take down lever be an inspector acceptance or armor's marking from Oberndorf or sub-contractor? Kinda new to me too.

I think the take down lever is a post war replacement.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I think the take down lever is a post war replacement.
    John
    John,
    I would agree it’s a post war part but a really nice pistol.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Its a post war take down lever,most of the byf dual tones I have seen have black shiney late war grips.But am sure a few were issued using up the old red bakelite.Nice p38! TC
    Last edited by Toecutter; 04-29-2021 at 05:12 AM.