Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked

Article about: I picked this up awhile back but haven't posted it until now. This is one of the 'C' series Hungarian 37M pistols that were 'Budapest' stamped on the slide. There have been a few of these re

PRE
    ?

Default 'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked

I picked this up awhile back but haven't posted it until now. This is one of the 'C' series Hungarian 37M pistols that were 'Budapest' stamped on the slide. There have been a few of these reported, but most are either the 'standard' Hungarian 37M pistols, or the German contract pistols inspected by Heeres Waffen Amt team 56, and produced from 1941-1944. Like Hungarian rifles, there is very little known about interwar and wartime Hungarian pistols. The main theory for this group of pistols is that they were assembled/built using left-over parts from the German contract which had expired. If that is true, then they would have been produced from April 1944 to November 1944, when Soviet forces controlled movement in and (mostly) out of Budapest and it's suburbs.

The magazine floor plate is different than on other 37M's, having no finger rest. It doesn't appear to have been broken off, it just looks like it never had one at all. There seem to be very few of the 'C' series pistols reported, so I feel very lucky to add this to my Hungarian collection.

Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked   'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked  

'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked   'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked  

'C' series Hungarian P.37M pistol, Budapest marked  

?

Looks to be in very good condition.
    Nice pick up.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Interesting pistol.

Nice gun! It is possible they used the similar mag as the M29 used in early production. The M29 mags did not have finger extension. This is only my opinion as I could not find any data to support that theory. So only a Theory.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 03-28-2020 at 03:52 AM.

Nice pistol!

Very nice unique pistol!