Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Carcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to Share

Article about: I picked up a nice M38 Carcano. I did not see many examples so I thought it would be good to post and the forum needs more firearm postings IMHO. Nothing unusual about this rifle. It is a go

Default Carcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to Share

I picked up a nice M38 Carcano. I did not see many examples so I thought it would be good to post and the forum needs more firearm postings IMHO.
    Nothing unusual about this rifle. It is a good matching example without import markings. 6.5 mm Carcano. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.
    John

Carcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to ShareCarcano Model 91/38 Cavalry to Share

Very nice John! Original stock is pretty too. I’ve always wanted one of these passed on a few and kicking myself now. And I agree on the lack of variety and frequency of threads on firearms.

PRE
    ?

Nice solid, honest example! I like it. I avoid the one's with import markings and focus on ones like this. Good snag!

I've found the 'M' stamp in the same location on some of my rifles and carbines and wonder if it's anything different than an inspection marking.

While I don't necessarily enjoy shooting Carcanos (I HATE the sights), they're fun to collect, and the Cavalry Carbines like this one offer some underrated variety. Nice one!

Pat

I like it! I agree with PRE that the sights are hard to use, but there is so much history behind the Carcanos that I can tolerate baad sights.

?

Nice weapon. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Excellent score.
    She looks nice and clean..

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 09-02-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting ! I'll be interested to see the discussion - I know nothing about these weapons but they are very attractive....