Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?

Article about: Short carcano,fixed sight,made after German occupation in Sept 43,no date or cal. marking,no import marks,stock matches receiver,bolt not numbered.Have read these carcanoes were captured and

Default Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?

Short carcano,fixed sight,made after German occupation in Sept 43,no date or cal. marking,no import marks,stock matches receiver,bolt not numbered.Have read these carcanoes were captured and some later issued to the Volksturm.Might be a GI bringback.Any info appreciated,dont know much about these Italian rifles.Think its a 6.5 cal,a pic of a carcano clip of these tried in barrel crown.Any info appreciated!75.00 dollar carbine missing top handguard,otherwise ex. cond.Stock has impressions of other rifles like taken from a pile?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?   Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?  

Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?   Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?  

Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?   Carcano pick up 1944,non import,bringback?  

Good pick up TC. Find a top hand guard quickly. All carcano parts are going quick with all of the recent imports from C&R and Royal tiger. Many are in rough shape.

Maker Fabbrica Nazionale Armi Brescia (FNA-B), Italy
    Model: Carcano Model 91/38 TS

John

PS: Bayonets have also become tough to find. Being scooped up quickly. The importers did not get any bayonets in the last large shipments.

Thanks John!Will try and find one.

Just a side note..

That rifle is the same model 91/38, that (ALLEGEDLY ) was used to shoot JFK.

Thanks!I didnt know that,6.5 caliber would be some smaller than 8mm but looks to have plenty of powder behind it.

It's a nice looking rifle! The price you paid is about half of what a common 91/38 Carcano would sell for here in Florida. Yours appears to have some uncommon features. I don't remember ever seeing one without the date markings, and caliber marking. The front band and bayonet lug also appear different than other 91/38 rifles I have seen. Could yours be a rare variant?

Thanks Richard,!Its a super late carcano,maybe taken from the factory unissued,very last of them.Looks unfired.Yeah dont know if rare but not an easy one to find.ha

MAP
    ?

I've heard (and probably just collector "lore") that many of these were parted together post war from a mix match of parts with some coming home with Occupation troops as well as imported into the US as the companies were desperate for cash.

Just a story. No idea if factual or not.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!The stock and metal condition match and the stock is factory numbered to receiver,parts are correct for a very late carcano.Dont think its a parts rifle and for sure not an import,unless it came in before 1968,I think its a bringback,seen some of those imports and there is no likeness!ha

Nice rifle TC. A friend of mine had one years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast