Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Colt 1911 Rig to share

Article about: I picked up my first WW1 era rig. Pretty nice but still able to upgrade if another comes along. It is a 1914 dated frame by serial number with a 1918 period slide. I am not sure if the hamme

I'd say this falls into the bracket of being a very venerable old gentleman of a piece. Well rescued.

Wow! It is really a great pistol. Thanks for sharing.

?

solid pistols ..we used the 1911A1s into the mid 80s ! in the USMC ...thin grip....as with most weapons, it's the training and motivation of the user that greatly determines its effectiveness
    ..has the grip and thumb safety which I like ...I never had a misfire, and we were using very old pistols

?

Yes thanks for sharing that gem. Don't see many like that. Very nice rig congrats.

Tim

?

All I can add, nice acquisition !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colt 1911 Rig to share  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

John, wonderful piece!

Such an early example you have there and it looks to be in very good condition.

Man, I’m a huge fan of the 1911 platform. In the right hands, 1911 are among the most accurate of all pistols and the .45 round is a good round, even in 2023. There’s a reason why some elite military and police teams still carry it.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thank you for the additional comments. I am happy to preserve it for a while.
    John

Very nice rig Greg; thanks for sharing. Note that magazine base on the right has the Canadian Broad arrow property mark like this one from my 1914 Colt Government Model pistol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colt 1911 Rig to share  
    Attached Images Attached Images Colt 1911 Rig to share 

PRE
    ?

I've been patient.
    I've been silent and supportive.
    I've waited with faith and assuredness.

And yet, no range report so far SO,...?

Best,
    Pat

Quote by PRE View Post
    I've been patient.
    I've been silent and supportive.
    I've waited with faith and assuredness.

And yet, no range report so far SO,...?

Best,
    Pat
    I have not shot it. I would certainly do it and I would expect 6" grouping at 30'. I struggle to maintain my normal shooting skills but my brother and I do have a military day at the range once a year. I will bring it next time we go.
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast