Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crazy Horse Winchester 1894

Article about: I came across this Winchester last week, and I just couldn't resist. Brought out in 1983 to commemorate the unification of the Sioux tribes by Chief Crazy Horse, a total of 19,999 were produ

Default Crazy Horse Winchester 1894

I came across this Winchester last week, and I just couldn't resist. Brought out in 1983 to commemorate the unification of the Sioux tribes by Chief Crazy Horse, a total of 19,999 were produced. The serial numbers bear the prefix of CCH for Chief Crazy Horse, this example being CCH110. The frame is case hardened and embellished with engravings and the names of all the Sioux tribes. This one was sympathetically chopped, so no licence required. But it looks as though it had never been fired - although who would fire a commemorative piece anyway? At least with it being deactivated it can be put on display - rather being locked away in a gun cabinet. Not to everyone's taste, but still a lovely looking rifle! Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894Crazy Horse Winchester 1894

Absolutely lovely Steve! Well done

Andy

Its still a ton of History no matter what the condition.
    First for me to see this kind of rifle

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

it is different.

Fun rifle to own and one that will not break the bank. Nice way to honor a brave warrior.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice one to have. Friend of mine had the Oliver F Winchester edition bought back around 1980. That was in 38-55 caliber too. Paid around $600-650 back then. Winchester sure produced many commemorative models back then. I just wish they could have been made on the period correct Model 1873-1876 models. Fortunately those models are back from Miroku and Uberti. Love to have a Model 1873 myself. Thanks for sharing.

?

That's a Beauty Steve!!!!

Excellent addition!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I have some 'blingy' pistols that go well with it too!

Cheers,
    Steve

Crazy Horse Winchester 1894

?

Tank Destoryer, so true! he was fighting for his peoples way of life!

- - ------- - -

it's all about the BLING! you just gotta love them!

The rifle and revolvers are both very nice! I can't figure out what the decoration on the ivory handle of one of the revolvers is meant to represent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast