Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Cromed luger just found

Article about: I found this today and wondering if people even buy this stuff since its chromed. Pretty sad

FNG
    ?

They are just well used for sure. So its nickle plated? Or chrome and nickle the same with this stuff? Thank you for the heads up. I have never purchased one of these plated ones. I wish i could take it off but wont be worth the money. It's just part of the history of it. I'm going to have to look for those grips lol

?

I'm not that good at telling the difference, But Nickle plating came out in the early 1800's and was cheaper as Nickle was more abundant.
    Chrome plating came around 1924 and uses chromium, Which use harsher acids baths to plate.

Older guns will be Nickle , Newer are chrome plated. So it depends on when it was done.

Maybe there are some Metal heads here who can say more.

Semper Fi
    Phil

FNG
    ?

Good information there, wheres the metal heads!

?

It’s nickel I would say not chrome

I say chrome,nickle has more of a toned color,for 300.00 you got a great deal,any shootable complete luger is worth more than that IMO,good find!

Amazing score. Personally I love a nickel plated Luger -- it's an incredible war trophy that a vet had to show off, I can see why this was a common practice. I wouldn't touch it -- great piece of history.

FNG
    ?

I think it was a good deal too

I think nickel is a little harder wearing, less likely to chip which is why it was used more often on swords, bayonets, pistols etc. But these veteran enhanced souvenirs are probably future collectables as the market develops. Probably worth picking up if the price is right.

Yes it is worth $300 and more. It’s a s/42 made in ww2. A lot of history that gun has seen and was involved in. A good shooter and a great piece of history. Everyone that knows anything about guns knows what a Luger looks like. Shoot it and keep it clean and lubed. You did GOOD..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3