Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

CZ 27 markings

Article about: ..I was watching a video of Forgotten Weapons about CZ27s...one a German wartime and one a Polish Cold War ...what's puzzling is: 1. their German pistol has a ''1944'' stamping --in all my r

Default CZ 27 markings

..I was watching a video of Forgotten Weapons about CZ27s...one a German wartime and one a Polish Cold War
    ...what's puzzling is [ unless I see it wrong ] :
    1. their German pistol has a ''1944'' stamping --in all my research, I've never seen specific years marked on the wartime pistols
    2. their Polish pistol markings match my authentic German wartime pistol, but their German pistol markings do not
    3. I don't see the waffenamt on their German pistol
    ..the video is at bottom of the post

my pistol with waffenamt
    CZ 27 markings

pic of their pistol taken from :25 mark of the video
    Polish and German Police Silenced CZ-27 Pistols - YouTube
    Last edited by harmonica; 04-03-2021 at 05:18 PM.

their German pistol
    CZ 27 markings

- - ------- - -

their Polish pistol
    CZ 27 markings

my pistol
    CZ 27 markings

my pistol
    CZ 27 markings

The video was discussing the suppressors and not necessarily the pistols. The pistol labeled Polish is using a WWII produced gun accepted by the Heereswaffenamt inspectors. The German gun was produced during wartime but was most likely a police gun and not accepted into the Heer Army. There are not enough enough pics of your gun, but fits into the high polish blue serial range, carries the Bohmische slide legend, and looks nice.
    John

....sounds logical....the video said ''Gestapo'' gun......ok, I just found this site, again, that I looked at about 5 years ago....I don't see the waffenamt on some.....I guess I was thinking military police/etc ......
    Pistols of the German Wehrmacht

..it does seem odd they would stamp the year on it and not the others ...they don't do that for small arms normally, do they ?

They do not normally stamp a year on them. I am not sure why they did on that one. Could also be a police property number by coincidence or could have been a practice of stamping the year on police guns. All of that info is beyond my knowledge and is only assumptions on my part.
    John