Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922

Article about: This is the holster that came with the FN1922 I picked up. Did not post together because I do not believe they belong together. From what I know this is a Dutch contract holster for the FN19

Default Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922

This is the holster that came with the FN1922 I picked up. Did not post together because I do not believe they belong together. From what I know this is a Dutch contract holster for the FN1922 Dutch contract pistols. The cleaning rod came with it but I have no idea if vintage or even correct. First cleaning rod for a FN1922 I have owned and could not find good examples to compare to. I would appreciate confirmation on my assumptions since my ignorance runs deep. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922Ducth Contract Holster for FN 1922

I guess this is a post war Dutch Police, black leather, holster. Indeed for the FN 1922.

These holsters were in use till the late seventies. For State and Municipal Police use.

Cheers,
    Emile

Didn't these have silver-coloured metal parts? I can't remember

I believe this to be a wartime make and model. No post war. Post war did have a mix of silver and brass color metal parts.
    John

I think I stand corrected. I did not look closely enough.
    I was under the impression it was a post war holster because of the black colour. The flap clearly shows a red ink stamp: CM 1940, which indicates the year of acceptance by the "Centraal Magazijn" (Central warehouse). The black colour might make it a holster for the Marechaussee (Gendarmerie). I take it there is no pocket for a spare magazine, as separate leather magazine carriers were issued. Containing either two (Army) or four pockets (Marechaussee).

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 08-10-2022 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling

It might not even be black, but just darkened over time?

Looking at the inside edge I see black coloring that suggests purposefully painting or dyeing.

The ink stamp below the CM 1940 stamp indicates the factory that manufactured this holster: Lederwaren Fabriek, De Volharding, Amsterdam, which translates in: Leather goods Factory, The Perseverance, Amsterdam. They also produced helmet liners and more MoD leather goods before WW2.

Cheers,
    Emile

BTW
    The FN 1922 was designated M25 in The Netherlands and came in .380 caliber (9mm Kort).