Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Enfield No2 Mk1* for review

Article about: This one has the been there and done that look to be sure but a good placeholder for now. These came in a black finish and black painted finish. The 1* means it has the bobbed hammer, no oth

Default Enfield No2 Mk1* for review

This one has the been there and done that look to be sure but a good placeholder for now. These came in a black finish and black painted finish. The 1* means it has the bobbed hammer, no other changes from the Mk1 that I am aware of. It is tough to find a really nice black painted finish gun since the paint chipped easily so I elected for the black finish. There are also some black painted finish parts on this gun. Not sure if that is correct or not. All numbers matching parts. The Brits proof marked many of the parts, maybe more than the Germans.
    John

Enfield No2 Mk1* for reviewEnfield No2 Mk1* for reviewEnfield No2 Mk1* for reviewEnfield No2 Mk1* for reviewEnfield No2 Mk1* for review

?

I don't know the ins and outs of these but it looks good. Have you / Are you planning on shooting it? I assume its 38/200 calibre. Ive heard you can use 38 S&W in these but they will shoot low.

I've been looking for either one of these, a Webley or a Victory but they don't come up often in nice condition for the right price around here.

Alex

The .38 special cartridge show work in either. The 38/200 referred to a 200 grain bullet. The US did not push that heavy of bullet through though the Victory model, but it would handle it just fine. The price varies greatly upon location. Around my parts they go for $600 standard and $700 Navy marked.
    John

?

Im sure there's some here but I'm yet to see a 38 special victory for sale in Australia, only 38/200 which go for about the same price in Australian dollars. I may be completely wrong but I thought I had read that 38 S&W was the only safe option to shoot in a 38/200 as the only difference is the projectile weight. I thought the 38 special has slightly smaller diameter making it inaccurate out of a 38/200 bore.

Alex

You are correct Alex. Thank you for the correction. The 38/200 and the .38 S&W are the same with different bullet weights. The .38 special is slight smaller. The 38/200 round was a British military spec from what I understand. Commercial models were all marked 38 S&W.
    John