Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Engraved Mk VI Webley, .455 Cal

Article about: My dad purchased this Webley, I’m not super knowledgeable on these and would love insight on it, I will display the information he gathered and I am happy for it to be double checked. I ha

Default Engraved Mk VI Webley, .455 Cal

My dad purchased this Webley, I’m not super knowledgeable on these and would love insight on it, I will display the information he gathered and I am happy for it to be double checked. I haven’t been able to find any big Webley guys so hopefully one of you gentlemen can help.

Serial No. 231507
    Made by Webley and Scott in 1916
    Engraved by Wanless Bros. Stockton-on-Tess & Sunderland UK

Also I apologize for my inactivity it’s quite hard to post at the moment, I did get a nice canteen I’ll try and post.

Cheers and happy hunting,
    Bodhi

Engraved Mk VI Webley, .455 CalEngraved Mk VI Webley, .455 CalEngraved Mk VI Webley, .455 CalEngraved Mk VI Webley, .455 CalEngraved Mk VI Webley, .455 CalEngraved Mk VI Webley, .455 Cal

Always a pleasure to read your posts Bodhi, hopefully everything is fine with you.

Very nice find! I haven’t seen many with original engraving. Most of the ones I’ve seen were engraved later as they were brought back to the US after the wars. Also a good point of this one is it’s in its original.455. Many .455s in the US have their cylinder milled down to accept.45ACP in moon clips. The .455 Webley has always been hard to find in the states but .45ACP is abundant. 45 is safe (from what I understand) to shoot in the large frame webley but has a slightly smaller projectile and has higher pressures than the .455. Also the .455 is rimmed and the .45 is rimless hence the need to use moonclips and milling the cylinder so the clips will fit.

I’m glad this one seems as good as was made out! I always appreciate the help and the comments it means a bunch.

All is well here thank you! Unfortunately collecting has been put on hold as I’m Stationed over here at Camp Pendleton so I do t have much time for it. But the passion is still there and I’ll get back to it eventually.

Camp Pendleton? 1st MarDiv? Bodhi, are you in the Marine Corps now?

Yessir I am, not very long only about 7 months in. I’m still awaiting my Infantry training class here at SOI should be getting after it soon enough.

Well welcome to the club devil dog good luck to you in the training pipeline it will be done with soon enough hang in there

I appreciate it man, infantry course is gonna be 14 weeks, then hopefully I’ll get to volunteer for IWC and pick up a weapons MOS, ideally 0331.

MAP
    ?

Great looking pistol. Great photos too.

Congrats on your enlistment. I'm sure you will do well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Machine guns are fun and the best of luck to you. But remember artillery is the King of battle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast