Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Estate Luger

Article about: Have the opportunity to purchase this fantastic and what appears to be complete Luger at an estate. I don't know much about these particular firearms and in the essence of time would like fe

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    The devil is in the details of the Luger. For that price all small parts need to match, understanding the mag does not match. Is there two mags to make a complete rig. The loading tool would also need to be original and correctly marked.
    The 1911 is far too high for my region so it make me skeptical. Where is this located? Pricing by region can vary by 30%. If outside of US my info would not be worth much. I do not understand the markets over seas.
    John
    John
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Lots of variable on these as John says so I can't comment on pricing.

But I would love that 1911 (or the P-08). One day I'll get one of each (and a C-96 )
    The sale is in Michigan.

MAP, do you want the estate info so you can try and negotiate on that 1911 if it does not sell tomorrow?

MAP
    ?

Quote by akriener View Post
    The sale is in Michigan.

MAP, do you want the estate info so you can try and negotiate on that 1911 if it does not sell tomorrow?
    Noooooooo. Don't tempt me. Got lots of other priorities at the moment plus I'll be packing up my collection soon, for a number of months once (if) the house renovation kicks off.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hopefully the renovations are worth more than one of these ;-)

Not sure what to offer for the P08 with the mismatched mags. Assuming it's still there but I have a strong feeling it will sell.

MAP
    ?

Hopefully the renovations are worth more than one of these ;-)
    Just a bit

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would have to disassemble the Luger and check all parts to confirm matching before spending that amount. It may be totally legit... but you never know. That 1911A1 is nice too! But once again, so many details to consider when making those types of purchases. I’d rather know what I’m buying at the time of the purchase... rather than finding out what you bought afterwards.

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    I would have to disassemble the Luger and check all parts to confirm matching before spending that amount. It may be totally legit... but you never know. That 1911A1 is nice too! But once again, so many details to consider when making those types of purchases. I’d rather know what I’m buying at the time of the purchase... rather than finding out what you bought afterwards.
    That would be ideal but I don't think disassembly is an option for them.

Well one single buyer showed up and bought all three for $4,500. Not meant to be I guess!

MAP
    ?

Well one single buyer showed up and bought all three for $4,500. Not meant to be I guess!
    Probably for the best. These are not rare. Always important to know all the facts as best as possible before a purchase and while these all might have been 100% original/matching, probably not worth the chance.

So back to the helmet hunt now?

You saved yourself or the buyer did. $1,000 more than I would have spent.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2