Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

First Edition Firearms Book

Article about: An old first edition book ( 1943 ) that I have,the owners name is stamped in it,Camp Borden is north of Toronto Ontario,any Canadian member will be familiar with it....Pete.

?

Default First Edition Firearms Book

An old first edition book ( 1943 ) that I have,the owners name is stamped in it,Camp Borden is north of Toronto Ontario,any Canadian member will be familiar with it....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Edition Firearms Book   First Edition Firearms Book  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

WOW!!! What a find.
    Don't see many of these any more. When I was getting into gunsmithing. One of my wise old instructors told me that the sign of a wise collector or gunsmith is they have a lot of books. You can never have enough Reference books. Some of these old books have things in them the new ones don't have.
    just my thoughts....

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Zwerge, I love this book, Small Arms of the World! I've had a tattered version for many years (tattered whenI got it), spent many nights reading it before going to sleep. Problem is when you read about guns, it's not like reading other books, you don't go to sleep in two minutes... ;-)

I'll post of pic of mine tomorrow, I just checked the print date, 1969. It was my go to book for many years of collecting, many years before anyone ever heard of the word wide web that we are all hooked to now ;-)

Here it is, the book is beat! I love this book! And it's like John said, there's stuff in these old books you're not going to see in newer books. Here's a few shots, the book just blows me away everytime I open it. I mean, what red blooded vintage military firearm lover (especially WWII) wouldn't get some serious wood over these pics and info? Also a shot of a few more reference books, I have others scattered here and there.

?

As I was looking through this book I found a couple of wrong captions on pictures,I guess the proofreader was tired that day?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Edition Firearms Book   First Edition Firearms Book  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

That's funny, nice catch ;-)