Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

found mp40

Article about: hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roo

Default Re: found mp40

Quote by french View Post
    hi, I have been renovating a house in france, and while looking around our loft in the old stone barn,I found this mp40 hidden away between the top of the stone wall and the beams of the roof,
    is it of any value and what should I do with it.its rusty and the moving parts are not moving.
    Blimey!!! I saw one recently and nowhere as good as this and it was priced at £300. Wouldnt like to think what this one is going to be worth but at a very rough guess reckon £500 minimum-more if its cleaned up nicely re-blued and of course made 'officially safe' to ensure you dont fall foul of the authorities. MP40's are so popular with collectors the world over and this has to be the ultimate find. Reminds me of the time we were clearing out grandads stuff and when we emptied his trunk, right at the bottom was a black hard shell holster which i knew was for a Luger-AND sure enough there was a lovely S/42 Luger in full working order!! Hasten to add it was taken by local gunsmith who deactivated it and then i sold it much to my eternal regret-wish id hung onto it but there we are. Regards, Tim.

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I agree with Ade: every country has its regulations on deactivation. "Rusty and parts no moving" doesn't mean deactived. You cannot immagine what a bath in white petrol does to rusty guns. You could find yourself in big trouble, since it's a full auto weapon.
    Besides that,nice find! It's everybody's dream I guess to have suck a struck of luck
    This is correct..............!

It may be able to be brought back to working/fireable condition
    with just a little amount of penetrating or gun oil !

Unless the rust has 'bloomed' and chunks can be scraped off,
    it may need only minimal cleaning to make it function.

Think about that rusty bayonet with the button stuck,
    and how a spray of WD40 or a light oiling will free it
    up in a matter of minutes...............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Shame to have to have it deactivated but you cant keep it as it is.Is there a museum who you could give it to that is licensed to display live firearms?Im sure they would ease your burden and take it with no awkward questions asked.If you go about things the right way it should keep you out of some deep brown stuff!!!

?

i think a mused is the best way to go ! then it dose not have to be welded !

still got it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4