Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Fully original P38 pistol?

Article about: Looking at potentially buying this deactivated P38 pistol . Does the paint and stamps all look original?

Default Fully original P38 pistol?

Looking at potentially buying this deactivated P38 pistol . Does the paint and stamps all look original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fully original P38 pistol?   Fully original P38 pistol?  

Fully original P38 pistol?   Fully original P38 pistol?  

?

By a deactivated gun is not so important, i assume as there are small rust areas the gun was reblued.

I agree with Andy only to add I have my doubts on the grip panels being original. A in hand inspection or a hot pin test would reveal originality.
    John

Ah thats a shame. Thank you for your response. Can you tell by the pitting?
    What makes it seem like the grip is not original?

I assume that’s because of the pitting?

?

Should be dissmounted but normally around the screw should be only 5 or 6 separated lines, You have here 7. And yes there is pitting which was overblued, it would look different when remained there and not reblued.

Lightbulb

Quote by AndyB View Post
    ...... around the screw should be only 5 or 6 separated lines, You have here 7. .
    Just checked my byf43 example and Andy's right, 6 separated lines here. Also I'mnot sure about the magazine carrying the Walther 'banner' mark, but this maybe OK for 1941 - perhaps others canbe more helpful here. I've taken a couple of pics ( apologies for poor quality ) showing light 'P.38' stamping plus Waffenamt.