MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

GUNSHOW today,Enfield buy,non import 1942 info help needed

Article about: Just got home from gunshow,found this Enfield 303,all matching including mag,has US property and flaming bomb proofs,looks in ex cond.Anyone have info on what it is?Paid 450.00,did I get hur

Looks like a nice piece! Wartime .303s have definitely been going up in price over the last several years, so I think you did well for the $450! I don't know specifically for one that is a convert to No. 4 Mk I/3, but in general the .303s are getting pricey. I saw one last month that I considered to be only "good" condition, with a poorly refinished stock, for more than you paid for yours. Plus, Lend Lease rifles have a niche collector's appeal for many that only seems to be growing in recent years, so I would think that would be a "plus" in favor of your purchase.

On a side note, I can't say for sure about your statement on green, yellow, and red paint all-around on rifles. I know during WWII some of the older worn-out British rifles that were used for only Drill Purposes (DPs) were marked with red and white stripes on the stock and usually had "DP" painted somewhere. Yes, those were so that they knew not to put live ammo in them. However, I know red paint on some rifles does not mean it needs to be scrapped. For the US M1 Garands and M1917s that were Lend Lease rifles loaned to the UK, the British painted a 2-inch thick red band around the stock (usually toward the muzzle). This was to warn the user that the ammo for that weapon was not the standard British .303, but of some other caliber. Usually the caliber number was stenciled in black paint on top of the red-painted band so the soldier knew what ammo to use.

?

Nice rifle. Wish the gun shows started here. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks guys!Some good info on paint markings Loyal ,yes DP comes to mind.Here is the frog with the bayonet,dated 1952,must have been added with the refurb.Shot the rifle,works great,these have a very smooth action.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GUNSHOW today,Enfield buy,non import 1942 info help needed   GUNSHOW today,Enfield buy,non import 1942 info help needed  

I am late to the party but you did well. Not east coast pricing but still good. Nice rifle!
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I am late to the party but you did well. Not east coast pricing but still good. Nice rifle!
    John
    East coast is cheaper? If so...I gotta shop where you shop
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice bayonet.
    MAP,Prices are cheaper where I live. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

a great score at, $ 450.00.

Thanks guys!This still has a brass buttplate.I have not seen one with the original numbered mag,so that must be a plus!Looked at 4 today,all CAI imports,mismatched and rough cond.priced at 450.00.Actually these upgraded British refurbs are harder to find than non refurbs,and better shooting rifles !ha
    Last edited by Toecutter; 09-05-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3