Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify M1 Carbine

Article about: Hello, Trying to get an idea of value for a couple that is disposing of their firearms. They have an M1 Carbine, pictures here. Thanks for all your help!!

Default Help identify M1 Carbine

Hello,
    Trying to get an idea of value for a couple that is disposing of their firearms.
    National Postal Meter
    SN: 1506401
    Good Condition
    multiple Mags, February, 1943 - September, 1943

They have an M1 Carbine, pictures here.
    Thanks for all your help!!
    Help identify M1 CarbineHelp identify M1 CarbineHelp identify M1 CarbineHelp identify M1 CarbineHelp identify M1 CarbineHelp identify M1 Carbine

Hi,

A nice M1, but the forum policy is not to give valuations on anything. I suggest that you look up previous sales of these guns to get an idea of value.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

As said above we don't give value. With carbines parts are all interchangeable so we would need way more photos of individual parts. From the few provided this carbine at the very least has been refitted with later parts. The rear sight is a later type II which has been added. Stock also looks possibly sanded and redone. A complete tear down and parts list would be needed for a good assessment.

I collect these as they are wonderful rifles. If I can help PM me. Also post more photos.

Thanks Tim

Not enough pics to base a quality decision. The one stock has been heavily sanded. A mix of parts. Some could be correct but neither one has a type 3 barrel band but still retains the adjustable sight. As of right now I would say both are shooters around $800. Prices very by region.
    John

Okay, thanks guys, I understand and appreciate the feedback very much!

I really don't know much about it, just helping out a friend.

This is only one gun, I unintentionally flipped one of the pictures so it looks like a different rifle.
    I do not know the history, but I'll defer to you guys that it's not all original parts. Thanks again!

Help identify M1 Carbine