Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying these 2 guns?

Article about: Context: I found these 2 guns in our family home(France). This first one is either a Lefaucheux 1854 or 58(private purchase because it’s double and single action) which is quite rusty This

Default Help identifying these 2 guns?

Context: I found these 2 guns in our family home(France). This first one is either a Lefaucheux 1854 or 58(private purchase because it’s double and single action) which is quite rusty Help identifying these 2 guns?
    This second gun is (I think) a webley m83 revolver, but the grips look a bit different
    Help identifying these 2 guns?Help identifying these 2 guns?Help identifying these 2 guns?Help identifying these 2 guns?
    Anyone have any information on this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying these 2 guns?   Help identifying these 2 guns?  

Help identifying these 2 guns?   Help identifying these 2 guns?  

For the second revolver the crowned oval with ELG on the cylinder is a Belgian proof mark from 1893 or later. You can see some belgian proofs about halfway down in the thread here: Help with Belgian proof marks on a big bore percussion muzzleloader. | The Muzzleloading Forum

A lot of small revolvers were made in Belgium in the 1890 through 1914 period, and it is often hard to identify the maker of an individual gun. The arrow throug the 8 marked on the gun may indicate the maker, but I do cannot identify it.

?

Yes, ELG in oval is a Belgian, Liège, proof mark. The B under star appears to me a Belgian inspectors mark. The arrow through S could provide a further clue. I have a vague feeling I’ve seen that before, but I can’t remember where.

How many chambers does the cylinder have, five?
    Last edited by Kilian; 08-05-2023 at 02:29 PM.

For information regarding the second revolver, you might take a look at the interesting site: Littlegun.be

Nouvelle page 0

This revolver has some characteristics of your revolver.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Typical Bulldog revolver made by various belgian and english makers around last 3 decades of 19 century, question remains only caliber, .380CF, .32CF and it looks like 5 rounds as mentioned. You could date it on belgian fire proofs used there.