Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with Luger Identification

Article about: Hello everyone, This Luger was passed to me by my father and I'm trying to learn as much about its manufacturer and production date as possible. I've started to review other posting about Lu

Hello

1938 is indeed the date of manufacture. Not sure about the symbol on the trigger guard.

Try this site, a shed load of info to get you going!

Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com

Jonathan.

'S/42' is the Mauser Oberndorf factory code until 1939 when it became '42'-they were the primary maker of the P08 during the Nazi era until 1943 when large scale production stopped-I have a 'VoPo' Luger ' 42 1940' bought recently with a 3/83 marking underneath the barrel near the breech-this indicates the barrel was replaced March 1983 meaning they were still being overhauled and put into store as late as that-the overhaul/refit program meant that parts were scrubbed and renumbered to the primary serial number on the frame so being 'matching' is not uncommon for these.

It's an East German Volkspolizei pistol as is the magazine. The magazine was made in Suhl by Thalmanwerk which was the Communist renamed former Simson and Haenel-Schmeisser factories.

?

Very cool! Thanks for the additional information everyone. I appreciate your time and expertise.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2