Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine

Article about: Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine please ,Could anyone the marking on this magazine , thank you for any help

Default Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine

Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine please ,Could anyone the marking on this magazine , thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine   Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine  

Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine   Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine  

Help needed with marking on a Sten magazine  

Not a marking I have seen before but I think someone will know.
    John

?

MB1 will be metal box (Company) 1, which will tie back to a metalworks (no idea beyond that thought of where they were based - different numbers seem to relate to different sites - you can google Metal Box Company for more info) - I.C.R.1 is Indian Central Railways (workshop)1, here they modified magazines down from twin stack to single stack to improve reliability, this was done by adding brass runners inside (you can see the ends coming out of the body near the base) , no idea on N45 though

?

Just did a quick google and found the following on gunboards

"N45 is the Metal Box Company , Gypsyville, Hull
    MB1 could be French, but is more likely the code used by the Metal Box Company, Atkins Works, prior to the allocation of N,M and S codes."

Thank you

?

And I'll throw a Thanks in there for AB64.
    For the explanation of the of the wires sticking out of the side of the mag. I have a few Sten mags but none with that modification.
    Interesting!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

From a collecting point of view, without wires is preferred as that better reflect the wartime configuration, I think the Indian conversion was post-war