Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Interesting machine -pistol

Article about: Another of my recent purchases... a Polish PM-63 'Rak' machine pistol. The pistol was designed by the famed Polish weapon designer Piotr Wilniewczyc, although he did not live to see his crea

?

What a truly remarkable design - though all that ‘front end fiddling’ in the video was a little disconcerting!

Many thanks for showing, nice find,
    Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    What a truly remarkable design - though all that ‘front end fiddling’ in the video was a little disconcerting!

Many thanks for showing, nice find,
    Bob
    They were actually demonstrating how safe the gun is. When cocked, the slide is held to the rear, and even with light pressure to the muzzle from the hand, it stops the slide going forward and firing. Furthermore, the extension to the slide - the compensator - would knock any unwary fingers out of the way before the slide returned to battery and fired a round. It is one of the safest designs around.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Oh yes, I understood that, Steve, it just goes against the grain to be sticking fingers in front of the muzzle of a loaded weapon.
    It is clearly a very clever design... and I like the one-handed cocking technique (vaguely reminiscent of John Wayne with a Winchester)!

Very interesting to see and learn about this unique weapon.
    Many thanks and all the best!
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2