Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.

Article about: I got this nice M1917 revolver from the same guy as the previously posted M1911A1 pistol. It is sorta unique as it still has the beautiful, bright, polished, factory finish along with the ca

?

Default Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.

I got this nice M1917 revolver from the same guy as the previously posted M1911A1 pistol. It is sorta unique as it still has the beautiful, bright, polished, factory finish along with the case hardening on the hammer and trigger. Most of the revolvers were reworked and refinished sometime after WWI, but I would say this one has remained unfired. I say this due to the fact that there is no discoloring at the chamber mouths or the feed ramp itself. Lastly, there is no brass colored ring or any wear/discoloring around the firing pin hole in the frame.

The group picture is the pistol along with some WWI/WWII web gear, holsters and accessories. The holster on the web belt is the standard WWI M1909 version, with the butt forward. The other two separate holsters are the M2 and M4 model holsters that were manufactured during WWII. BTW. The cleaning rods are the three different lengths made by Smith and Wesson along with the original box. The blue ammo box with the hard to read label is a box of .45 blanks.

Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.

Default Re: Introducing my Smith and Wesson M1917 revolver and accessories.

WOW very nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Bill is right...Wow! They don't get any better condition than this one-WWI and Unissued or fired?! You've got some Great guns, but This one is S&Weet! Excellent piece! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Superb example of the S&W product and service ephemera.

I am speechless...
    Thanks for posting.
    Take care...Thanos.

P.S. What kind of .45s are in the left half-moon clip? They appear to have a weird projectile.

?

Thanos, sorry for the late reply but I did not see your question until now. Those .45s are shot cartridges used for survival purposes.

Bob

Very nice! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by rambob View Post
    Thanos, sorry for the late reply but I did not see your question until now. Those .45s are shot cartridges used for survival purposes.

Bob
    No sweat Bob...Thanks for the reply...
    Take care, Thanos.