Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell

Article about: Hello What are your thoughts on this Mauser Rifle? I am not a gun guy but I took a chance because of the price. I did some research, and it appears to be ok regarding the following : 1. L bl

?

Default K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell

Hello
    What are your thoughts on this Mauser Rifle?
    I am not a gun guy but I took a chance because of the price.
    I did some research, and it appears to be ok regarding the following :

1. L block series
    2. Wa 135
    3. Semi K-modell being a mixture of parts is ok?
    4.All matching that I can see

Hopefully I did ok

Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell   K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell  

K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell   K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell  

K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell   K98 Rifle BYF 44 Matching Semi KreigsModell  

Everything is relative to price, but you've got a matching numbered Mauser, that's got to be good.

These days any 98k can be a score especially if matching. Believe yours has the late war phosphate bluing or finish. They are often missing the cleaning rod but yours appears to be drilled for one. Stamped and welded bands. Had a BYF 44 but mine was a super mix-matcher capture and can't compare with yours but I only paid $250 back in early 90s. Have increased substantially in the later years for sure. Enjoy it!

A very nice late war example. Congrats.
    John

?

Hello
    Thank you all for the help and information
    I really appreciate the help and comments
    Thanks again
    Tony

Very tidy piece Tony75, getting it for a good price isn't easy nowadays. Great score.

Lightbulb

For purely illogical reasons I've always preferred the laminated-stock K98s -and this is a very nice one......