Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 stock

Article about: Hello, I am trying to figure out if this k98 stock is an original one . This is not yet in my possession , the pictures are not mine . No markings visible anymore only some kind of number on

?

Default K98 stock

Hello,
    I am trying to figure out if this k98 stock is an original one .
    This is not yet in my possession , the pictures are not mine .
    No markings visible anymore only some kind of number on the inside of the stock , not very clear what numbers these are .
    I am not sure if someone can tell me more about this from the look of these pictures?
    Kind regards
    Raf
    K98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stock

It looks like an original mid/late-war laminate stock with a cupped butt plate. If it is, the butt disc, cross bolt and bayonet lug will be WaffenAmt marked. WaffenAmts were also stamped in the side of the butt, between the disc and the plate, but they aren't always easy to see. The presence of any of those markings will tell you for sure if this is a wartime stock.

The best thing you could do is ask for some more detailed pictures, in particular the front of the bayonet lug. It should have a WaffenAmt marking and the last two digits of the serial number stamped on it.

B.B.

?

Ok thank you for the info , i do have a picture of the butt plate but here are no markings visible , i will check for markings on the rest of the parts , and try to get some more detailled pictures .
    Regards
    Raf

?

Well i got some more pictures , no markings on the butt plate only the i guess 4 digit number on the inside of the stock .I also see no markings on the bayonet lug just one small stamp but nothing i guess . I also have some pictures of the barrel that comes with it .
    The barrel is demil. but i think its made out of original and non original or post war /replica parts ,or everything is fake marked ?
    Regards
    RafK98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stockK98 stock

See what you mean the scrub on receiver. That "45" stamping looks suspect but other markings on barrel look OK.

I'm not sure what to make of the receiver. My best guess would be ex-Russian capture, based on the mishmash of parts from different manufacturers. I've never heard of the code 'AX 45' either. AX is the manufacturer's code for Erma. They produced two blocks of rifles: 150,000 in 1940 under the '27/AX' code, and a significantly smaller number in 1941 under the code 'AX 41'. As Mauser notes, the '45' marking looks suspect, unless it signifies something other than a date of manufacture.

B.B.

?

Thanks for the replys , indeed the receiver is strange looking… .
    Regards
    Raf

I don't see anything that indicates a Russian Arsenal refurbed weapon, but agree the AX45 stamp is an odd one.

?

I also found out that this was an bka demil by frankonia.( the bka89 stamp) on the barrel .
    What about the 3 waffenamt stamps on the rear sights is this normal ? I have seen 2 stamps but 3 ?
    Regards
    Raf

?

It almost looks like an attempt at SS runes above AX.... remnants of a second "S" faintly visible, perhaps..
    Either way a little sus

Cheers, Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast