Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Marked Mauser Pistol

Article about: Hi gang! I have been offered this piece for sale. What can you tell me?

Default KM Marked Mauser Pistol

Hi gang!

I have been offered this piece for sale. What can you tell me?

KM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser Pistol

Default Re: KM Marked Mauser Pistol

I've always wanted to get one of these. Great looking pistol! Don't really know much about these but I was thinking the KM mark was on the opposite side plus the KM mark doesn't look as nice as other ones that I've seen. Hopefully someone knowledgeable comes along and comments. If it's all good I hope you get it. Good luck!

Luke

I think I jumped the gun on this. Hopefully! I found ones that have the KM proof mark on either side. I'll keep my mouth shut now.

Luke

It's a great little Mauser pistol, but I'm not much liking the markings. They look jarringly new and out of place. The Navy marked pieces that I've seen have generally shown their age and this one just looks too recently applied to my eyes. Sorry, but I think this Mauser has been "embellished".
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have to admit that something did sit funny with me about the KM mark as well...

I spoke with the owner this evening... And he said something to the effect of "this serial number is in the book". Is there a reference on these?

I'm not sure if this will help. MAUSER 1934, SN 614504, KM VAR. 4

Luke

I am by no means an expert on these, but a few things really stand out:

- Serial number looks to have been machined off and a new one added.
    - No other proof markings or stamps anywhere.
    - KM eagle appears too large.

Just my two cents.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm still not liking it much. Does it have a Navy number and a letter such as "O" or "S" ,"N", etc stamped on the front grip strap? And do the rest of the serial numbers match the large one on the side near the barrel? The German Navy Mausers are one of the most heavily faked pistols in the lot. When genuine, they can run near the 3 grand mark for value. The markings on it are basically proper(they were marked on Either the right Or the left sides, and the eagle can be found with a droop wing or the type shown here), but these look altogether too newly applied. If it does Not have a grip strap letter and number(and usually a matching one on the magazine bottom plate as well) then it is likely an assembled or embellished fake.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

KM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser Pistol
    KM Marked Mauser PistolKM Marked Mauser Pistol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast