Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Garand made by international Harvester

Article about: I've been waiting almost a month for this to arrive, it just came this morning, the CMP is getting faster. Now I have one from each of the 4 manufacturers. One day I might even be able to af

PRE
    ?

+1 for the good folks at the CMP. I have two Service Grades and they are fantastic rifles. I'm partial to the WWII produced rifles, but the post-war rifles are also really nice. I have a '43 Springfield and a 1955 HRA with a LMR barrel. You really can't go wrong with a decent grade of these, and there are no 'bad' surprises with CMP.

Pat

I remember those days of 1 in your lifetime John, my brother got one with a 6 digit serial number. I was too broke lol. The great thing about the CMP, Pat, is if there's anything wrong with your rifle when you get it, they'll usually fix it for nothing if they overlooked it before sending it to you. This is my third rifle from them, and as busy as they are, I've always had great customer service.

You may want to consider joining the Garand Collectors Association - The Garand Collectors Association

I have fallen down a bit on my Garand collecting, I haven't bought one in at least 15 years but here is a photo taken during a safe cleaning several years ago. Several SA's including one that is all WWII, it was purchased that way in 1983, not a put together. In addition to the SAs are a WRA, IHC and H&R.

?

Congrats Pete on a great looking IH Garand!!!
    So Pete do you attend any of the CMP shooting matches? I do the Western Game up in Phoenix.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Very nice. The CMP has done a great job over the years. Mt first CMP Garand was 125.00 with shipping and you could only order one in a life time. . Those days are gone.
    Thanks for showing us your collection.

John
    Sadly for me I am old enough to have bought one when they were $96 from DCM the forerunner of CMP.

WOW that's a nice grouping! I changed a rear sight and trigger guard on my ww 2 SA, all the rest are as received from the CMP. I had been a member of GCA in the past, and had to renew to get in on this last batch. My current gunclub is affiliated, but they're too slow in mailing out our new cards. I've been to a couple of CMP shoots locally, but they're only 100 yard events, I'd love to be able to try a shoot at 600 just once. I need to practice a lot more first lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2