Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M53 stock revamp

Article about: In a recent post I talked of fitting an M53 buttstock on my MG42 The top left picture is as I got it second picture is with the paint removed Bottom left I have sanded the numbers and letter

Default M53 stock revamp

In a recent post I talked of fitting an M53 buttstock on my MG42
    The top left picture is as I got it second picture is with the paint removed
    Bottom left I have sanded the numbers and letters out.
    Problem is I’m down to bare wood so I needed match the original patina.
    Final shot after some work with black enamel paint, a few little knocks scratches and dents
    Before several coats of boiled linseed oil.
    I know the profile is different to a genuine ww2 stock but you know what , I think it looks great and I don’t think I will bother spending a couple of hundred on an original ine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M53 stock revamp  

?

Hi Corston - I have to say the apathy in this forum certainly puts me off posting on here most of the time, but pls don’t be discouraged . Looks like you have gone to a lot of effort here. Personally, I’d have kept it original. But it’s a good look, and it’s more economic to rework MG53 buttstocks than MG42 ones. But as long as you like the new look that is what counts

Thanks for taking the time to reply .
    I presume that it’s a rather boring post, guest I was just chuffed with the result and thought I would share with other members.
    Anyway, thanks again to you for showing interest.

?

Not boring at all! It's your collection, you've put time & effort, you're happy & it looks good. I do similar things once in a while. Thanks for sharing.

I actually like the end result. Well done!

Tom