Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser C96 Bolo vs M30

Article about: Short barrel o long barrel? this is the dilemma. Hello everyone, I wanted to submit to you, just to speak, a small survey: in your opinion, which one would you choose to put in your collecti

?

Default Mauser C96 Bolo vs M30

Short barrel o long barrel? this is the dilemma.

Hello everyone, I wanted to submit to you, just to speak, a small survey: in your opinion, which one would you choose to put in your collection from one example of a Mauser C96 Bolo and a Masuer C96 M30 ?
    What I want to say is if you found both at a good tempting price, not pieces from great collectors, but two beautiful ''shooters'', maybe in worn condition or in refinished or reblued condition, which one would you be more tempted by?
    Maybe even add a replica wooden stock to it, to have some fun at the shooting range every now and then.

I would be very undecided, the m30 has the most ''classic look'' with its long barrel, but also the Bolo has its charm....

If everything else about the two pistols were the same; condition, provenance, price, etc, I would choose the M30. I also like the look of the long barrel, and the longer sight radius may make it easier to hit your target with it.

It is my understanding the pre WWI C96 and the M30 had the same barrel length of 5.5". The post war were cut down to 3.9" and subsequently produced in 3.9". I would buy the red nine version for availability of ammo. It would not be a problem if you already reload 7.63 X 25 ammo then that would make sense. It is easy to reload. For the near future there is not any ammo available in the US market do to demand. This will not end soon. Reloading supplies are also very limited and expensive.
    The legality of attaching a wood stock will vary by country. In the US it is acceptable to attach an original wood stock but not a reproduction by the letter of the law. I am not sure that this has any court precedence's or not. Other countries ban them completely and yet anything goes in others. It is up to you to figure out that part.
    John

?

Thanks for your feedback, in fact the long barrel is the best for this gun to me too. I will update you shortly with a new post!