Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser C96 Stock Identification

Article about: Hi guys and gals, I have the opportunity to purchase a wooden stock for my deactivated C96 Schnellfeuer, the seller says it is genuine original but I am not 100% sure...if it is I suspect Ch

Default Mauser C96 Stock Identification

Hi guys and gals,

I have the opportunity to purchase a wooden stock for my deactivated C96 Schnellfeuer, the seller says it is genuine original but I am not 100% sure...if it is I suspect Chinese export or very early/late one. The things that concern me are; no spring in lid and no sign of a screw hole where one was removed, the iron where it attached to the gun looks wrong with a supporting place on the top only, no numbers or makers mark.

I would appreciate it if you can give me advice on its originality and any other information. Pics attached (not with my gun).

Many thanks - Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser C96 Stock Identification   Mauser C96 Stock Identification  

Mauser C96 Stock Identification   Mauser C96 Stock Identification  

Mauser C96 Stock Identification  

Its highly likely to be a Chinese repro... besides the missing spring and screw hole, there is no sign of wear to the inside of the lid and the lid itself is a poor fit - as is also the release catch for the lid. I can't comment on the catch for the butt, the photographs are not the best and show little detail when expanded.

Cheers,
    Steve

I agree with Steve. The attachment for the gun does not look correct either but the pics do not show much detail.
    John

OK, thanks guys, I appreciate the advice and will avoid this one.

As an added "fyi" An M-712 won't fit in an unmodified C-96 holster/stock..... they lack the inletting for the selector lever