Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser Model 1914/34 pistol

Article about: A recent addition to my collection is this rather nice Mauser pistol. It's not matching, but there are certain things about it which suggest that it isn't just a post war cobbled together gu

Default Mauser Model 1914/34 pistol

A recent addition to my collection is this rather nice Mauser pistol. It's not matching, but there are certain things about it which suggest that it isn't just a post war cobbled together gun. Upper and lower frames are different serial numbers, and the number has been erased form the barrel. There are just the two crown over 'U' proof marks on the pistol, and it is completely devoid of any other markings - apart from manufacturers details. There is some light pitting to the slide on the left side, but with there being 'blue' in the pitting, this would suggest that the pistol has been refinished at some stage in it's life. But there is also holster wear at the muzzle end, and this suggests that after the refinish it still saw some service use - possibly with Police. The barrel is the most unusual aspect of this pistol, the foresight not being of the type found on the Model 1914/34. The foresight blade is set back 8mm from the end of the barrel, and the barrel itself is 86mm in length. This matches up with the 3rd sub-variant barrel used on the Mauser Model 1914 humpback second variant. Serial numbers of both upper and lower frame place this as being manufactured in 1933. Post war, these pistols was used by the Volkspolizei - although there is nothing to suggest that this is one of them. The striker and striker spring are missing, but this being the UK, that doesn't make much difference! Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

Mauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistolMauser  Model 1914/34 pistol

?

I quite like those little pistols.
    That's not the first one I have seen with the front sight set back.
    One had a threaded muzzle too.

Quote by norsk View Post
    I quite like those little pistols.
    That's not the first one I have seen with the front sight set back.
    One had a threaded muzzle too.
    But the profile of that kind of barrel and sight is usually associated with the hump back model 1914, The later models had a more rounded foresight.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Nice addition Steve!!

That is one model of Mauser I have yet to shoot.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nice addition Steve!!

That is one model of Mauser I have yet to shoot.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    And I have yet to shoot a Mauser!

Cheers,
    Steve

Neat pistol and info!